Human Resources Intern
Seth Commercial Corporation is looking for an intern to support the daily functions of human resources department including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, maintaining employee data and employee personnel files and policy management. Seth Commercial Corp has 55 quick service restaurant locations across Canada under our two brands, La Prep and Chaska. Learn more about our brands at laprep.com and chaska.com
Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Performs the full recruitment cycle including review of job descriptions, creating and posting jobs, screening resumes, completing phone and in person interviews, regularly communicating with hiring managers regarding the status of positions, etc.
- Experience creating and implementing creative recruiting strategies and techniques to source top talent
- Prepares documentation and performs activities related to employee onboarding, termination, leave of absence and internal transfer
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of all HR documentation and processes to ensure information is correct
- Support HR Manager and other department managers with various projects and assignments as required
- Ensure adherence to Company policies including compliance with federal and provincial regulations and laws
- Document and improve new and existing SOPs, HR procedures, task instructions, etc.
- Assist other members of the Human Resources team, and legal counsel to draft amendments to employment agreements, employment confirmation letters, etc.
- Assist with WSIB claims and lost time statistics and timely submission of the WSIB Form 7, applications for SIEF addressing objections and follow-up.
- Investigate the causes and effects of workplace accidents to identify and determine effective remedial actions and to ensure Remedial Action Plans are implemented.
- Maintain the Accident Tracking Log, compile and track statistics and data to facilitate the prioritization of mitigation strategies.
- 1 to 2 days a week
- Limited travel around the GTA required
- Experience in the restaurant industry is an asset
- Currently enrolled in a approved educational program that requires internship hours
At Seth Commercial Corp, we strive to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Should you need accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying